Way to go!
Thank you for all you do!
Have you ever received an email or a note from a customer letting you know you did a good job? It is likely you have. So, the next question is – what did you do with that email or note?
Today is the day to start your very own Kudo’s file. This is a multi-purpose file. One, it is a record of why you are fabulous. Two, when your annual review rolls around it serves as proof to your boss that you have done well in the past year. Three, it can serve as a pick-me-up on a tough day.
Ideas for your Kudos file:
- customer thank you’s
- successful projects you have been involved in
- volunteer work
- professional organizations you belong to
- leadership roles (P.T.A, sunday school, soccer coach …)
- co-worker thank you’s
- goals you set and achieved
- implemented ideas
- classes or conferences you attended
- extra effort (staying late, helping others on projects, filling in at the front desk, sponsoring a company initiative …)
Remember this – If you don’t toot your own horn, nobody else will!